I freelance for Concrete Playground Wellington, primarily covering the city’s food scene. Check out my articles here.
New Zealand Parliament
- Parliament’s new referee wants to get spectators involved (interview with Trevor Mallard, Speaker of the New Zealand House of Representatives)
- Question Time: How do oral questions work?
- Student ‘Heads of Government’ congregate at Parliament
The Skills Organisation
- Family business keeps the apprenticeship spark alive
- Apprentices the “core” for successful plumbing duo
- Saving lives all in a day’s work
- Switching gears: From apprentice to manager
- The Skills Organisation 2016 Annual Report
- How a future leader engineers her success
- Lisa fires up a passion for the trades
- Cranes: State of the Nation (NZ Crane Association Dispatches newsletter, Oct 2016)
- Apprenticeships: Making good business sense (Tradie NZ, Dec 2016)
A selection of white papers I wrote during my time at one of Australasia’s leading content marketing agencies.
- The value of sales incentive programs
- An introduction to debtor finance
- Choosing the right debtor finance
- The value of high-value content
- The role of coal seam gas in Australia’s energy sector
- Eats With John – a tongue-in-cheek Instagram account with bite-sized restaurant reviews
- Cook With John – a cooking blog with all words and images produced by me
- Snaps With John – a visual portfolio of my street photography, which I have been maintaining to hone my DSLR skills
Guest speaking engagements
In 2017 I was invited to be part of a young professionals panel discussion, offering insights and advice for student members of PRINZ (Public Relations Institute of New Zealand). You can read my profile for the event here.